Buckthorn is known as Frangula alnus is a member of the Rhamnaceae family, but unlike other buckthorns, it does not actually have thorns.
- Good for stomach or intestinal problems.
- Known to improve blood pressure or blood cholesterol.
- Heart healthy
- Helpful in cancer treatment.
- Boost immunity and prevent infections.
- Can be beneficial in treating obesity
- Known to improve eyesight or dry eyes.
The buckthorn is a shrub native to Europe, Western Asia, and the Middle East. Buckthorn is never used fresh. It is collected in the summer, and then must be aged for at least a year to break down its anthrone chemicals. Our Buckthorn Bark powder has been aged for 1 year, as recommended, then milled into powder. It can be prepared as an extract and is also known to be used as a fabric dye.This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. These food products may be beneficial for supporting optimal health.
For educational purposes only.
Capsules available upon request.